Kantai Collection (艦隊これくしょん Kantai Korekushon, lit. "Combined Fleet Collection"), abbreviated as KanColle (艦これ KanKore), is a free-to-play shipgirl-themed game developed by Kadokawa Games.
Gameplay is centered upon building squadrons composed of individual characters represented as cards with different attributes, and then sending said squadrons out on missions. The player takes on the role of an Admiral (提督 teitoku) and organises their fleets in battle in order to win. Combat is largely automated, and manual actions by the player include micromanagement such as building and repairing.
Each of the characters are moe personifications of World War II naval warships, which are depicted as cute girls known as "ship girls" (艦娘 kanmusu). These personified warships are based on real life vessels which are explained in detail within the game; the physical characteristics, appearances and personalities of each of the girls correlate in some way to the real life vessel.
The game has developed into a much larger media franchise; various media including multiple manga series and light novels have been released, in addition to an officially licensed tabletop role-playing game. A PlayStation Vita game was released February 2016. A television anime adaptation aired Winter 2015 with a sequel season planned, and an anime movie was released in 2016.
The web browser game was launched on April 23, 2013. An Android app version was released on August 1st, 2016. As of January 2015, the game had 2.5 million registered players.
- DO NOT tag images with mecha musume. They do not accurately fit the tag's origins and would drown out other mecha musume art. Consider using rigging or machinery instead.
- DO NOT tag images with personification. Reference: topic #10067.
- DO NOT tag images with ships of the same class as sisters. Reference: topic #10819.
- ONLY tag images with ship, warship or submarine if an actual, literal ship or submarine is present, such as a shipgirl with her historical counterpart.
- ONLY tag images with World War II if it depicts some element of the war beyond simply the ship girl, such as a battle or historical scene.
- ONLY tag images with Imperial Japanese Navy if it depicts elements such as the Imperial Japanese Navy's uniforms or historical figures.
- Burning Love (phrase)
- Go back!
- Ichininmae no Lady
- Myoukou pose
- Nanodesu (phrase)
- Night Battle Idiot
- Shimushu pose
- Shitty admiral (phrase)
- Waterskiing (meme)
- Zui zui dance